Mr. S Hari Shankar, Chairman India ITME
Mumbai, September 20: India ITME, India’s Pioneer and largest textile machinery exhibition is all set to invite nominations for the 2nd Grand Edition of India ITME Society Awards 2022. With India aiming toward becoming a super technology provider to the world and having a vision of developing 100 Indian textile machinery champions, the India ITME Society has seen textile engineering and technology providers rise from scratch. Now, we are glad to introduce the 2nd edition with a focus on recognizing the dedication and hard work of textile technology & engineering stakeholders.
India ITME Society Awards 2022 is scheduled to be presented on 8th December 2022 at India Exposition Mart, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. These awards will set the tone for the start of the biggest textile engineering show, which will have the presence of international & national delegates representing ambassadors, council members, various ministries, state ministers, textile & state commissioners and global investors. The renowned textile entrepreneurs and emerging textile investors will all be a part of this event. The winners will be felicitated with a cash award, trophy & certificate in the format best suitable to the category. With the wide network of the India ITME Society, the recognition of the awards will not just be limited to the delegate present at the award function but will also be circulated to the wide database & the entire press & ministry associated with the India ITME Society. The booklet copies will be presented to all the international and national delegates in current as well as all subsequent events India ITME Society is an active part of.
Commenting on the progressive work undertaken by the India ITME Society, Mr. S Hari Shankar, Chairman, India ITME Society, said, “The society & self strongly believes that the young minds of today are the colourful future of our Textiles, this is why in addition to the dedicated award category for our innovators in 2022 edition, we have always introduced knowledge programs for the learners. Our society, over the years, is initiating several constructive programs to recognize & empower knowledge to innovative researchers and technical faculties as well as to act as an active connection between the knowledge hub -technical institutes & the ever-changing industry. I am sure the success story of innovator recognized in our awards will attract more youths towards R & D in textiles.”
These awards are society’s humble attempt to recognize the exceptional & significant contributions that have influenced positive change in the textile engineering sector of our nation.
This 2nd edition of awards looks to recognize and felicitate awards in the following new categories:
● Category 1 – Award for Overall Best Performer in Engineering Industry presented
in 8 Specific categories (Ginning | Spinning| Weaving & weaving preparatory |Processing & Finishing | Garmenting | Printing | Accessories for Textiles | Technical Textiles )
● Category 2 – Award for Best Innovative Technology for Pollution Control
● Category 3 -Women Leadership Award in Textile & Textile Engineering
● Category 4 -Award for Research Excellence
● Category 5 – Textile Mastero
The nominations are open through the following google form link https://forms.gle/yyA6qefKKsUEjGdE8
The link also contains details about every award category, eligibility criteria, and general instructions. The last date for submission of nomination through the above link is 15th September 2022.
Society strongly believes that education is the foundation platform that has lifted this textile sector to such a glorious stage. So it has also introduced an award category specifically targeting youth, research & innovations.
To ensure fair practice and true unbiased nature towards the awards selection, the society has brought on board reputed textile technocrats from different sectors of textile. All the nominations will be checked and verified for their eligibility by the coordinator for this event -SUVIN, a company led by Mr. Avinash Mayekar.
The scrutinized nominations will then be put forth to the panel jury on their final meet. The jury will meet on 30th September.
Valued Jury Panel includes:
● Mr. Uday Gill, Chief Executive Officer, Fibers, Indorama Ventures Ltd, a magnificent textile fibre expert has a knack for identifying hidden gems from across the globe & successfully leading acquisitions
● Mr. Updeep Singh, President & CEO, Sutlej Textiles and Industries Ltd, is a genius in textiles & a resourceful personality in textile technology
● Mr. Manohar Samuel, Advisor R&D, Reliance Industries Limited, an expert in core dynamics of fibres and a passionate researcher, brand developer & value chain builder
● Mr. Gurudas V Aras, India consultant to the ITA group, Germany and APS GmbH & Strategic Business Advisor & Mentor for many textiles & engineering businesses, a true technocrat.
● Mr. Sanjay Jayavarthanavelu, Chairman & Managing Director at Lakshmi Machine Works Ltd & a Past Chairman of India ITME Society & is a prosperous & and ambitious businessman
● Mr. R. Anand, Partner, Eastern Engineering Company, a mentor for MSMEs in engineering & a recognizable market specialist for the engineering sector
● Mr. Sanjiv Lathia, Past Chairman of India ITME Society & a well-known entrepreneur from Rubber Industries, is a sharp business acumen having expertise in technical operations of engineering & technologies
● Dr. Manisha Mathur, Director, SASMIRA, has in-depth knowledge of textiles and textile processing with a keen curiosity for research as well as a strong women leader
● Mr. Ketan Sanghvi, Hon. Treasurer of India ITME Society, a wizard in weaving technologies
● Mr. S. Hari Shankar, Chairman of India ITME Society, a successful entrepreneur & a renowned personality in the textiles accessories world.
India ITME Society, by introducing the 2nd edition of awards, has again remained true to its industry label of being a torch bearer for the engineering sector in textiles. Today once again, when our industry is coming back on track post the unseen pandemic effects, society is making the much-needed effort to recognize the vastly evolving textile engineering sector, the innovative researcher & the women power of 2022.
For more details, please reach out:
India ITME Society at +91-22-4972 4603 / 2202 0032.
If you have any objection to this press release content, kindly contact pr.error.rectification[at]gmail.com to notify us. We will respond and rectify the situation in the next 24 hours.